Minecraft is a sandbox video game that has been created by a Swedish programmer by the name of Markus Persson. The game was later developed and released in 2011 by the company Mojang. It can be played on a host of platforms which include- PC, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Windows Mobile.
A brand new update for the PlayStation, Xbox and Wii U versions of the game was just recently released by the developers in North America. It should be noted here that this particular update was released on a previous date in Japan and Europe.
The update brought about a number of additions to the game along with some bugs and error fixes. A Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack is also included in the update. This skin pack will reportedly consist of a total of 27 different skins.
The skins included will be for Jesse and the other characters that are a part of the game. For Jesse alone, six different skins will be added to the game via the update. The skin pack is currently free to download and this offer will last till April 12.
Fans trying to download the skin pack after April 12 will have to shell out $2.99 for it. However, the six skins that are meant for Jesse will remain free even after April 12.
The update also brings forth brand new achievements for the Xbox version and Trophies for the PlayStation version of the game.
Let us have a look at the patch note for the PlayStation of the update-
- Firstly, the update adds the brand new Story Mode skin pack to the game.
- A total of 6 new trophies are also added to it via the update.
- Some Huge Mushroom Blocks will get added to the Superflat and Creative menus through the patch.
- The Audio Settings gets a new Minecraft Sounds option.
- Sprint Control will be improved via the update.
Apart from these additions and tweaks, a number of bugs and error fixes are also included in it which include the following-
- An issue in which the Ender Dragon would become immune to attacks will be fixed.
- The issue related to malfunctioning of the teleportation system while a player is sleeping in a Bed will be addressed.
- The update will fix the issue which would occasionally stop Slimes from spawning in various Swamps and Slime Chunks.
- Various potions including the Potion of Swiftness and the Potion of Slowness often do not have any effect on players. This issue will also be fixed.
- Issue related to Speed Bonus having no effect on players will be fixed.
- An issue in which players were unable to acquire Experience Orbs by trading with villagers will be fixed.
- The issue related to some chunks in the Overworld failing to generate for some clients of a multiplayer game will get fixed.
- The update will fix the issue in which the Thorns enchantment would not affect players.
- The Failed to Load issue exclusive to the PS3 version of the game will get a fix too.
The update will bring a number of MCCE fixes which too which are stated below-
- Fix for MCCE #659 in which the doors when open would have a strange texture on the topside.
- Fix for MCCE #747 in which the TNT canons would not function in a proper manner.
- Fix for MCCE #1826 in which the description for tulip would be incorrect.
- Fix for MCCE #1854 in which the positioning of Grass would be perfect.
- Fix for MCCE #1260 in which the Witch Huts would be submerged.
- Fix for MCCE #1756 in which the Witch Hut Bounding Box would be too small.