A new patch was received by Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege. The patch 2.3 brings a lot of new fixes on several issues, tweaks on operators, matchmaking and much more.
An International Business Times report revealed that the 617 megabytes patch was released on 30th March for PCs and on 5th April for PS4 and Xbox One. Ubisoft said in a forum post that the main objective of the patch is to improve upon the Ranked Experience along with the general balancing with the game. The patch notes released by Ubisoft are as follows:-
Standard Tweaks and Improvements:
There are various balancing operators like Frost’s Super 90 Shotgun falloff damage now starts earlier. The environment destruction of Buck’s Skeleton Key has been enhanced. The SMG-11’s recoil has increased. It has been issued as a balancing weapons update.
Spawn location tweaks have been introduced in order to balance Spawn Killing Countermeasures. Ranked matches will not start unless there are 10 members in the lobby. This is a major improvement of the Ranked matchmaking process. The ranked reconnection mechanics have been improved as well. This includes:-
- Reconnection now available in Custom Matches
- Subsequent match within a custom-made playlist is now selected when players come back to the Lobby.
Some spectator camera improvements have been introduced by the 2.3 patch. Player deaths can be handled in a more coherent way thanks to the spectator camera. In order to help with team identification, intensive color highlights on player cards. The patch comes with loads of gameplay fixes. The problems which have been further fixed are:-
- Wrong amount of remaining health is shown for the victorious Operator when a vanquished player is viewing the KillCam replay.
- Idle players on a team will get an idle kick from the match if the other team ends up quitting during Preparation Phase.
- Players are able to clip through walls which are unbreakable by running at a wall and taking a gadget in front of them at the last second before finally hitting the wall.
- Thermite won’t be able to place an Exothermic Charge on a damaged wall with a hole that is big enough to fit the charge.
- Montagne can shoot before completing the animation during the process of unextending the shield. Parts of Glaz’s scope will disappear while using the ADS mode.
- Sledge’s Breaching Hammer features a low and delayed controller rumble when used.
- Sometimes black and white filter of the drones is replaced by Mute’s colored jammer effect.
- Players are rewarded with XP and Renown if the other team quits the session before going through at least 2 rounds.
- Terrorist AI ends up in a loop between idle and evade reaction for each damage tick received from the poison gas.
- A rather important tweak in the game has been issued to that of the game character’s Buck’s shotgun and it is now powerful enough to breach walls.
According to speculations this year, three more DLCs for Rainbow Six Siege will be released. Three more downloadable content packs are coming out and it will be a surprise for fans of Operation Black Ice which was released last December. It is further expected that the next DLC will be released on the second quarter of this year.
A few months back, Ubisoft announced that during the Ubisoft Investor Day, four DLCs will be released for “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege” in 2016. Meanwhile, each of the expansions will come with a new map along with two new characters called operators. In the second quarter, the upcoming DLC will also be US-themed.