Meanwhile, Microsoft further announced that it is planning to improve the upcoming ‘Oculus Rift Consumer version’. Microsoft revealed that they wish to improve the lenses that are used in the Oculus Rift.
In other news, at Oculus Connect 2, we learned quite a few things about the Oculus Rift, Gear VR and virtual reality overall. Firstly, social VR will be like hanging out with someone or something in person.
According to Will Shanklin of gizmag.com, when he put on a GearVR and sat in a virtual living room with two other reporters and witnessed a Twitch Stream, it felt like he was really there. He revealed that they were only represented by masks but whatever they said and when they acknowledged him, it felt like he was sitting in a real room with a more intimate human interaction.
Take a look at the specs of the Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR:
- panel size of 5.7 inches
- OLED display with 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye) resolution
- 100-degree field of view
- Gyroscope and accelerometer with PlayStation Eye tracking system, 3D Audio along with HDMI + USB connection.
- There will also be a PlayStation Move and Dual Shock 4 controller as its input and also 3D Audio.
- OLED display with a resolution of 2160 × 1200 and an 11-degree field of view
- Accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and HDMI + USB connection.
- It also comes with built-in headphone and microphone along with Oculus Touch with Xbox Controller and 3D Audio support.
Stay tuned for more updates on Oculus Rift!