Blizzard has released the latest Patch 2.3 for Diablo 3 and it adds quite some exciting features to this title. The main addition involving Patch 2.3 is about the Kanai’s Cube which has now been made available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of this game.
This new Kanai’s Cube is actually a nod to Diablo II’s Horadric Cube. Your character can now be customized to a great degree using the new features that have been released through the patch.
This customization tool can be found in a new zone known as the Ruins of Sescheron. In the Diablo 2 expansion, The Lord of Destruction, this is the barbarian capital which actually fell to Baal. Meanwhile, this new patch sets up Season 4 which commences on 28th August.
This has further led to the addition of Season Journeys, which is a new progression and reward system and along with that, several new difficulty levels have been added as well. There are also certain important changes which have been made to Adventure Mode along with the addition of Greater Rift trials.
Meanwhile, in case of rebalancing properties, this patch 2.3 focuses on the Witch Doctor but several changes have been added all around. Take a look at these patch notes in order to know what has been added to the title.
Keep in mind that you will not be prompted to download the latest Patch 2.3.0 until and unless it becomes live in your home region.
At the same time, if you are logging in from an Asian or European client, you need to wait for the patch to come to than region before you proceed to begin the installation. You cannot make use of Global Play in order to log into Asia or Europe in case your home region is in the Americas. Even after the patch is live, you need to wait before it is released in your location before doing that.
Let’s talk about the major highlight of this Patch. This is the newly added region known as The Ruins of Sescheron. This is a frozen wasteland which is currently open for exploration by Diablo III players.
This place is filled with traps, enemies and environmental hazards and at the same time, you can explore the region know about what happened to the barbarians of Mount Arreat.
The Immortal Throne needs to be explored and you can finally get the ultimate treasure, the Kanai’s Cube. Once you get Kanai’s Cube, there are several recipes which are made available to players. They are as follows:-
- You can destroy a legendary item in order to add its Legendary Power to your already present catalogue of collected powers. You can equip the extracted power to your character without the need to equip the item.
- You can now reforge a Legendary Item in a process which re-rolls the item as if it dropped for the first time. This will include all the powers that were previously enchanted on the particular item. A Rare Item at level 70 can be upgraded to Legendary using the Kanai’s Cube.
- A set item can be converted to a randomized piece of gear which belongs to the same set.
- One of the great features is that you can remove the level requirement of an item and then equip it at whichever level you are.
- Presently, you can also convert 9 of any gems to 9 of any other colors. At the same time, you can convert 100 normal, rare and magic crafting materials to 100 of any other kind of non-legendary crafting material.